Thursday, January 5, 2017

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies (Homemade)

Yesterday night I posted a photo of these cookies I made from scratch and got asked by multiple people to make a post on them, so I decided to go ahead and do so! I try to always post what I eat/make/bake on snapchat, so if you're interested make sure to add me @mcardenas14.

The ingredients you will need are:
1/4 cup of vegan butter
About 1 cup of sugar (I use half brown/half cane)
1/4 cup of nondairy milk (I use Almond)
1/4 tsp of vanilla
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
handful of nondairy chocolate chips
handful of oatmeal (optional)

Directions

1. You will begin by setting your oven to 350 degrees F.

2. 1/2 cup of butter into a bowl.
2. Add in the sugar to mix with the butter. I use a little less than a cup.
3. Blend the butter and sugar together (I use a spoon... *it is a workout!!*) until it forms into dough.
4. Pour 1/4 of milk & 1/4 tsp of vanilla. (forgot to take a photo of that step)
5. Add in 1 tsp of baking powder & baking soda.
6. Add in 1 1/2 cups of flour. (You could mix dry ingredients separately but I just did it all at once.)
7. Mix flour with the rest of the ingredients until your dough gets thicker. You can add more milk/flour depending on the consistency.
 8. Add in your chocolate chips & oatmeal (optional,) my mom loves oatmeal and asked me to add some in :)
*If oatmeal is not added in, you can eat the cookie dough on its own!! It's dairy/egg free so it's safe & tastes AMAZING.
9. Roll up little balls and place on your sheet. I used parchment paper so the cookies don't stick.
10. Place in oven for about 15-20 minutes depending on your oven.
&&&& they're ready!
11. Enjoy ;)
I really hope you guys like these cookies as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment