Saturday, January 7, 2017

5 Easy Vegan Breakfast Ideas

1. Bagel slices w/ homemade chia jam & vegan cream cheese.
For your chia berry jam you'll need a cup of berries (your choice,) 1 tbsp of agave or maple syrup and 1 tbsp of chia seeds. In a small pot, bring the berries and syrup to a low boil and stir frequently. Once you notice the jam beginning to form, add in the chia seeds and stir. Once the jam is thick (takes about 10 minutes,)  remove from heat and store into a jar. On one slice of bagel, I spread peanut butter and served some jam on top along with coconut shreds. On my other slice, I used vegan cream cheese and topped with sliced strawberries.

2. Oatmeal w/ fruit & granola.
This one is the easiest and quickest from all of the other options. All you have to do is cook the oatmeal according to the package. I use Bobs Red Mill Steel Cut Oats. You have the option to cook them with either water or nondairy milk. I always switch back and forth from almond and coconut. Once the oatmeal is ready, you can throw in granola and your choice of fruit. Get creative! I love decorating my bowls.

3. Tofu scramble taco w/ seasoned potatoes. (I love potatoes!!)
On a pan over medium heat, you want to add in some oil (I use coconut) and throw in some onions (optional) for about a minute and then throw in some tofu (I use Sprouts Organic Medium Tofu.) For flavor I add in a little of cumin + tumeric, pepper and salt. After a few seconds, you can add in any veggies of your choice. I used tomato and bell peppers. In the meantime, heat up your tortilla (I used Ezekiel grain tortilla.) Then back to your tofu, throw in some nutritional yeast to add more of a savory flavor. In about a minute or so, your taco is ready to make. I added in some fresh spinach and threw the tofu scramble on top with avocado slices and squeezed lime for extra flavor. I explain how to cook the potatoes in #5.

4. Oatmeal banana pancakes.
These pancakes require the simplest ingredients: 1 ripe banana, oatmeal or oat flour and nondairy milk. You'll have to smash your banana, make sure its not too lumpy and then add in 1/2 cup of oatmeal or oat flour, 1/2 tsp of baking soda, followed by 1/2 cup of nondairy milk of your choice. After mixing the ingredients together, put some oil on a pan over medium heat and pour your batter. Cook and flip until bubbles form. Usually takes about 3-4 minutes depending on how thick your batter is. Once it's ready, top with whatever toppings of your choice. Serve with vegan butter and maple syrup.

5. Avocado Toast w/ seasoned potatoes.
The potatoes take a little longer to cook than it takes to put the avocado toast together.
You'll peel a potato, cut them into squares and then throw them into a boiling water pot for about 10-15 minutes. After they're cooked, you'll rinse them and on a hot pan with a little bit of oil, you'll cook the potatoes, then add in paprika and pepper to taste. They're ready in about 5 minutes.
For the toast, I used a gluten-free/dairy-free slice and toasted it for about a minute. I then sliced a few pieces of avocado and threw some chia and hemp seeds on top.

Let me know if you guys try any of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment